What to Do With Leftover Chicken - Taco Night: How To Make Chicken Tacos With Leftover Chicken
What to do with leftover chicken - taco night : The fixings for hard shell and soft chicken tacos
Savory and delicious chicken tacos.
What topping would you want the most on your chicken taco?
Please select a topping.:
Leftover chicken recipe for tacos
CHICKEN TACOS - Chicken tacos made with your leftover chicken from the night before? Now, there's an idea.
I'm all for TACO NIGHT.
- Would you prefer to try a leftover chicken recipe that infuses new, fresh and delicious flavors to your chicken rather than just microwaving your day old refrigerated chicken and eating it just like that? Well, then this chicken taco recipe is the recipe hub for you.
- I love carving and serving a fresh roasted chicken to my family but what do I do with the leftovers?
- Leftover chicken recipes are convenient, practical and abundant.
- Over time, I have come up with many different ideas for what to do with my leftover chicken dishes and here is one of them.
- This chicken taco recipe works for leftover chicken that has been placed in the refrigerator overnight.
I'm all for taco night!
1. Ingredients for making chicken tacos with leftover chicken
What you will need for making the chicken tacos:
- Your leftover chicken on a covered platter or in a food storage container
- a cutting board, foil, a baking pan or even a foil lined cookie sheet, and oven for heating
- olive oil
- raw chopped onion (half or one or one, to suit taste and number of people being served)
- half of 1 green bell pepper (and you can use red pepper to if you'd like)
- 1 package of hard taco shells (use number of shells desired from package)
- 1 package of soft taco shells / tortillas (use 5 or more as desired and leave remainder in the package
- at least one fresh tomato
- shred cheese such as cheddar, Colby, or Monterey
- Old El Paso taco sauce
- All ingredients will be used according to suit taste and number of people being served
- For example, I like to use a very generous amount of sauce and cheese
All ingredients will be used according to suit taste and number of people being served.
2. Instructions for how to make chicken tacos with leftover chicken
Instructions making the chicken tacos:
1. Cut the chicken away from the bone and into small pieces.
2. Line a baking pan with foil and grease the foil with just a couple of drops of olive oil.
3. Place the chicken on the foil, pour a desired amount of taco sauce on top along with some chopped onion and green pepper and heat it in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, warm hard taco shells and soft tortillas in a microwave for just 30 seconds for each set of 3-4.
5. Prepare all the fixings that you would like to top your taco meat (the leftover chicken in taco sauce). I usually choose a bowl with lots of shredded cheese, half a head of lettuce cut up or shredded, and a medley of tomatoes, green peppers and onions (raw) thinly sliced.
6. Arrange all items on your table and allow everyone to fill their plates, helping themselves to whatever they like. Serve the chicken tacos while the chicken is still hot and the tacos/tortillas are still warm.
Cut the chicken away from the bone and into small pieces.
Pour a desired amount of taco sauce on top.
Onions, tomatoes and green peppers for the chicken tacos
What food item do you think that you would be more likely to prepare with leftover chicken?
What would you prefer
Please rate this recipe
As I said before, this leftover chicken recipe for chicken tacos is so practical and simple not to mention delicious when you are in the mood for indulging in some chicken tacos, whether they are soft tacos or hard tacos.
I personally prefer soft tacos which are made with the same soft tortilla shell used for preparing fajitas or burritos. With all the fixings, the soft chicken taco is much like a chicken fajita when served hot with the chicken practically sizzling. Caution, hot delicious food is coming to the table!
Leftover chicken is great for serving your immediate family an evening meal but this particular leftover chicken recipe for chicken tacos will be such a hit that you might want to consider adapting the recipe with a fresh chicken to serve dinner guests.
- Roast your whole chicken in the oven as you normally would, approximately 3 hours before you are expecting friends over to share a meal (as opposed to a full day or two before).
- Then slice the desired amount of chicken away from the whole roasted chicken, cut the sliced chicken up and follow the same recipe procedure as listed above.
- You can do make these chicken tacos for many different occasions including Cinco De Mayo if your family enjoys celebrating it and have a great little dinner party.
This leftover chicken recipe for chicken tacos is so practical and simple not to mention delicious.
Can't wait to eat those chicken tacos
Hot, delicious food is coming to the table!
© 2011 Nyesha Pagnou MPH