- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques»
What's the Difference Between Pizza Bread and Bread Pizza?
Pizza Bread and Bread Pizza may sound synonymous but actually they are two different things. Bread Pizza can be prepared in just a couple of minutes while Pizza Bread takes hour after hour before you can indulge in the richness of its flavor and texture, and much more similar to Pan Pizza.
If you are craving for a flavorful snack and you can't wait for an hour delivery, then you see a box of cheese and left-over bread in the fridge just waiting for the expiry date, wish for pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce in the pantry. If there is none, go rummage for tomato catsup and mix a little mayo and white sugar. You can also make bread pizza with those items.
But if you are not in a hurry and still have time to purchase the ingredients listed below because it will be more economical, then do it. Just follow the steps and everything will be perfect!
How to Make Bread Pizza
Top a slice of bread with the following:
- pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce
- thin slices of white onions/ green bell pepper
- pineapple tidbits
- pepperoni or sweet ham
- grated quick melt cheese / mozarella cheese
Oven toast at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
How to Make Pizza Bread
Pizza Bread on the other hand is more tedious as lead time needed is three hours because you will knead dough first. So if you are planning to have it as a snack in the afternoon, you must start preparation as early as 12 o'clock noon, right after eating lunch.
For the Pizza Dough
- 500 grams all-purpose flour
- 70 grams white sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon iodized salt
- 1 whole egg
- 250 grams water, with yellow tint food color
- 35 grams butter or margarine, softened
- 30 grams vegetable lard
For the Meat Sauce
Sauté 3 cloves garlic, 1 medium sized minced onion and 1 cup ground pork.
Dash with salt and black pepper powder. Cover.
After 5 minutes, stir and add 1 cup spaghetti sauce.
Simmer for another 5 minutes.
Remove from pan and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all dry ingredients. Add egg and mix well. Gradually add water to let the mixture absorb the liquid. Continue mixing while adding butter/margarine. Lastly, add the lard.
- Knead mixture with your hand for ten minutes and continue for five minutes using a rolling pin. Divide dough in half, rest each for 20 to 30 minutes covered with plastic or cloth.
- Flatten dough using rolling pin. Make sure one dough is larger than the other. Place larger dough on greased pizza mold, extending on sides to seal later the smaller dough.
- Pour cooked meat sauce and top with 100 grams grated quick-melt cheese. Cover with the smaller dough and seal sides. Then spread pizza sauce/ spaghetti sauce on top.
- Rest again for 1 1/2 hours if weather condition is warm. Otherwise, one hour is enough to double the size of the pizza dough.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake pizza dough for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and slice into 8 to 10 pieces.
- Serve hot!
Flatten dough using rolling pin.
Spread pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce.
I have done this so many times. At first, it took me so long before I finished putting the second dough on top of the first layer with sauce and cheese. I sweat a lot. But after doing the same thing for several times, I discovered a technique.
And seeing my family enjoy every bite elates me. Nothing beats the prize of home baking especially if you are kneading dough or mixing batter with love.