- Food and Cooking»
- Dietary Restrictions»
- Dietary Restrictions for Health
Wheat and Gluten free flour Sugar Cookies
Please Rate this Recipe
A sweet delicious cookie
We have a favourite sugar cookie recipe that always works. I thought I'd try an experiment using wheat and gluten free cookies so I could nibble one too! This is the result - a crumbly, light and crunchy sweet cookie that keeps fresh in a cookie tin for up to 2 weeks (if they last that long). Delicious with morning coffee or for afternoon tea.
- Prep time: 20 min
- Cook time: 12 min
- Ready in: 32 min
- Yields: 24 cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond or coconut flour
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla
How to Make Sugar Cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 375. Grease and line with parchment 2 cookie sheets
- Combine flour and baking powder and set aside. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy ; add egg and vanilla until combined one ingredient at a time to prevent curdling.
- Gently pulse in flour and baking powder mixture until just combined.
- Using your hands roll the dough into balls. Place the balls on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 mins - edges will be light and golden and centres of cookies set. The balls should expand into round cookies.
- Cool cookies on sheets for 5 minutes and transfer to cooling rack with plastic flipper. Enjoy!
|Serving size: per cookie|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 16 g||5%|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 15 mg||5%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|