- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes»
- Spirits Recipes
White Russian Cocktail Recipe and variations
The White Russian Cocktail
The White Russian is a classic cocktail, made with vodka, coffee liqueur and heavy cream or half & half served on the rocks. It's basically a Black Russian with milk added. This is a popular, simple, classy and tasty drink that's easy to make at home.
- 2 oz (60 ml.) Vodka
- 1 oz (30 ml.) coffee liqueur (such as Kahlua or Bols Coffee Liqueur)
- 1 oz (30 ml.) light cream or half & half or whole milk
- couple ice cubes
- First, fill an old fashioned glass tumbler with ice cubes. Don't used crushed ice, as it can melt and dilute the drink.
- Next, pour the vodka and coffee liqueur over the ice.
- Stir briskly with a swizzle stick, thoroughly mixing the vodka and coffee liqueurs.
- Using a smooth, careful pour, gently top off the alcohols mixture with cream. Do not stir.
Keep in mind, you get what you pay for. In other words, the quality of the alcohol will determine the quality of the drink. Another thing to keep in mind is that cocktails are best served in chilled glasses, so store your glasses in the fridge or pop them in the freezer an hour before your guests are scheduled to arrive. Finally, if you're having trouble evenly pouring the cream to layer on top of the alcohols, then pour it over the back of a teaspoon to give it an even and steady flow.
Variations of the White Russian
Variations of this cocktail include the
- Black Russian
- Blind Russian
- White Canadian
- White Mexican
- Anna Kournikova or Skinny Russian
- White Cuban
- White Indian.