- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Dessert Cakes
Whole Wheat Cupcakes With Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting Recipe
I’m a big fan of homemade sweets mainly because I can control what goes into them and substitute healthier ingredient if I want. Normally when it comes to cakes, pie, cookies and other desserts I believe you don’t skimp on the ingredients. The more decadent the better, but I find using whole wheat flour instead if all-purpose flour adds to the texture and flavor of most desserts. These originally were going to be baked donuts, but I didn’t have a donut tin; I used a regular muffin tin and I got these cupcakes instead. The frosting was something I came up with because I love peanut butter and chocolate together. This recipe can make 1 dozen cupcakes.
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ white sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup chocolate chips
1 tablespoon peanut butter
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees f.
2. Mix flour, sugar, salt, powder together.
3. in a separate bowl whisk together milk, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and oil.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet in 3rds mix well.
5. Fill a greased muffin tin, or using cupcake foils, half way.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let cool while you make frosting.
1. In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and vanilla.
2. Microwave, on high, for 1 minute.
3. Remove from microwave and add milk.
4. Whisk until blended and smooth.
5. Spread frosting on cupcakes.
More Recipes By Edgar Arkham
- Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is my recipe for whole wheat peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Enjoy!
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Here is a recipe for delicious whole wheat chocolate chip pancakes; Healthy and tasty. Enjoy!
- Homemade Sugar Cookies and Frosting Recipe
Here is a recipe for sugar cookies and frosting. Enjoy!
- How To Make Homemade Chocolate Bran Muffins
This is my recipe for chocolate whole wheat bran muffins with dark choclate chips. They taste great and better for you than chocolate cupcakes. Enjoy!