- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Healthy Pizza Recipe with Whole Wheat Pizza Crust, Ground Turkey & Avocado
Whole Wheat Ground Turkey Pizza
Smart Healthy Choices for your Pizza
Everyone loves pizza - and I found a way to make some healthier choices when preparing pizza for my family. Just a few simple changes from the traditional - can make a difference.
- 100 whole wheat pizza crust
- 93% lean turkey meat
- low fat shredded cheese
- fresh vegetables
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as our family does.
Ingredients for Ground Turkey Pizza w/ Avocado
- 1 package 100% whole wheat thin pizza crusts
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 table spoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 small jar pizza sauce
- 10 pieces pepperoni, optional
- 1 small package low fat shredded cheese
- sea salt
- course ground black pepper
Ground Turkey Veggie & Avocado Pizza IngredientsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Prepare Ground Turkey Meat & Veggies
- Add 1 to 2 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil to frying pan.
- Brown and sauté chopped garlic
- Add 1 lb. of 93% lean ground turkey meet to skillet & cook until brown
- Add sea salt and coarse ground black pepper to taste
- Set aside
- Lightly brush the bottom of 100% whole wheat pizza thin pizza crust with extra virgin olive oil - Place on pizza stone or pizza pan. Not recommended to place directly on oven rack. **Tip for a crisper cracker crust - bake pizza crust at 350 degrees - until golden brown before adding the toppings.
- With a rubber spatula or back of spoon spread pizza sauce on the whole wheat prepared pizza crust
- Add shredded cheese and layer with - cooked ground turkey meat - fresh baby spinach - sliced mushrooms - sliced onions - chopped green onions - peperoni - sliced red bell peppers - sliced tomato wedges - sliced avocado wedges
- Add sea salt and course ground pepper to taste.
- Place pizza on center rack and bake at 425 degrees for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
Optional Pizza PieClick thumbnail to view full-size
Optional - Turn Your Pizza Into A Pizza Pie
You can also turn your pizza into a pizza pie
Using the 100% whole wheat thin pizza crust (two crusts in a package).
After baking pizza in oven for 8 minutes at 425 degrees
Brush the top of second pizza crust with extra virgin olive oil - place on top of your finished pizza - place on middle rack and broil until top is golden brown.
Garnish and serve
© 2015 Brigitte Thompson