- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Witches Log Snacks
Putting bits and pieces together
Halloween is a fun time for both children and adults. It is a time to have parties and to go along with the theme of a Halloween Party why not serve refreshments that have fun, spooky names?
I have learned over the years that just because you talk about snacks, that does not always mean they need to be unhealthy and horrible for the waistline. Making treats from cereal, dark chocolate and nuts mixed with some marshmallow (I know marshmallow is almost pure sugar) but the rest of the recipe has more of a healthy undertone. As long as you eat these treats in moderation, why not have fun with them!
When the Autumn season is close at hand, not only does my Halloween Spirit come alive but all of the things I love to do; also awakens. I love to cook and I love to bake, both things I do not do a lot of in the summer especially living in the South. I love to create new recipes and trust me if I did not have a fantastic husband who was not afraid to try new things, my cooking abilities would not go very far. Of course I usually never tell him what he is eating until after I get a response from him if he likes the dish or not! There has only been a few things I have made that he was not crazy for not bad for nine years. Two of the dishes I did not like either, so it all worked out good.
When we look through our pantries often we will have little bits of this and that tucked away in the back corners. Often cereal is one of the main things. If you use your imagination, the cereal could turn into a yummy treat just by adding a few extra ingredients. That is how I created “Witches Logs”.
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Bag Mini marshmellows
- 6 cups Broken pieces of Cheerios
- 1/2 bag Mini Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1 large bag chocolate chips, melted
- Prep time: 30 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- Yields: depends on the size you cut them
- Place your Cheerios into a large zip lock bag and take a rolling pin and go over the bag a few times to break up the Cheerios. You do not want them powdered just a little broken
- Place the butter and marshmallows into a pot and gentle melt. When the marshmallow has completely melted pour it over the Cheerios, nuts and mini chocolate chips and stir together.
- Pour this mixture into a greased pan, lined with parchment paper for easy removal, and press it flat. After it has cooled cut the Cheerio mixture into thin logs about 1/2″ by 3″ long.
- Melt some dark chocolate in a double boiler and dip the logs into the chocolate so half of them are covered with chocolate. Lay them out on parchment paper and place in the refrigerator until they harden.
Some of my other recipes you may like
- Black Bean Burgers
When it comes to veggie burgers, everyone is looking for a good tasting meal. These spicy black bean burgers on Naan bread has become one of my favorite Flexitarian meals. The veggie burgers do have chicken in the recipe, but it can easily be substit
- Pumpkin Dream Pie
The moment Autumn arrives I am ready to start baking. The first two ingredients that always come to mind are apples and pumpkins. This is an easy delicious pumpkin pie recipe I know you will enjoy.
- Chocolate Cookies with a Twist
You can still have sweets if eaten in moderation, all you have to do is a little tweaking to the recipe, be decipline and only have a little. Depriving yourself can cause harm and break your goal.
- Kitchen Witch
It does not matter if you call yourself a witch or not, what is most important is you realizing you automatically put a lot of magic in your home. It could be cooking, cleaning, decorating and so on.
- Pumpkin Cake Supreme
Autumn is the perfect time to bake a lot of goodies from your years harvest. Pumpkins is one of the most favorite things to work with because you can use it for desserts or savory dishes.
- Making Homemade Applebutter
If you are looking for great gift ideas, recipes that are cooked from the heart says it all. This is a great recipe that can be enjoyed all year long. All you need to do is diced your apples, add the spices and turn on your crock pot.
- WhiteOak's Halloween Goodies
There is nothing more enjoyable to bring out the
As with any recipe, if you do not like cheerios, you can use whatever you like or you have on hand. I like going to through my cabinets and finding bits and pieces of ingredients that is not enough to do anything with... and combine them into these logs. You could add just about anything and they would be good especially with the chocolate.
Other Recipes you may enjoy
- Halloween Recipes for Kids
From Halloween breadsticks to daring drinks, check out this article which features some of the most popular kids halloween party ideas!
- Spooky Halloween Recipes for Kids
Spooky halloween recipes Here are some simple and easy spooky halloween recipes for kids including ghost cupcakes, black cat cookies and bloody popcorn. Try these delicious recipes and feel free to post your experience in the comment section...
- Halloween recipes and food ideas
Halloween recipes and fun food ideas. Halloween dessert ideas including pumpkin pie recipe, witches hats, black cat cupcakes recipe, toffee apples and ghost cookie recipe.
- Top Halloween Recipes 2012
Halloween Recipes for a zombie party. These may be too gross to eat!
- Halloween Recipes: Spooky yet Scrumptious
Creepy yet creative recipes for this Halloween. From yummy mummy to chocolate coffins, find 6 of the best Halloween classic recipes ever.
- Ghoulish Goodies: Easy Halloween Recipes With Pictur...
Ghoulish Goodies presents more than 70 Halloween themed recipes for your haunting pleasure.
© 2015 Eva Thomas