- Food and Cooking
Wolfgang Puck 10 Cup Electric Rice Cooker
Wolfgang Puck Rice Cooker Instructions
Everything you need to know about your Wolfgang Puck 10-cup electric rice cooker, including use and care instructions, size of the rice measuring cup, and rice cooker recipes!
Get to know your rice cooker.
The Wolfgang Puck rice cooker has a number of parts that you should get to know before you use this awesome appliance. The rice cooker housing, the steaming basket, the carrying handle, the detachable lid stem, the detachable lid, the lid release button (Yep, its next to the handle... not underneath it. Use your thumb while you're holding the carrying handle to push the button while you open the lid.), the condensation collector, the measuring cup, the rice scooper, the power cord, and the rice cooker pot.
What is the size of the Wolfgang Puck rice cooker cup?
If you lose your rice cooker cup... don't worry! The size of the Wolfgang Puck rice cooker cup is equivalent to 6 ounces, or approximately 3/4 of a cup.
How do you remove the Wolfgang Puck rice cooker detachable lid?
1) Before removing your Wolfgang Puck rice cooker lid, first remove the condensation collector located under the lid hinge by pulling it down and away from the rice cooker housing.
2) Remove the detachable lid by pushing the lid stem in while lifting the lid straight up.
3) Make sure you don't try to remove the inner lid or silicone gasket - just wash the inner lid with warm soapy water and rinse it thoroughly.
4) If needed, you can remove the condensation valve to rinse the steam vent by twisting it counterclockwise while pulling up.
To put the detachable lid back on, slide the lid stem into the lid stem receptacle on the rice cooker housing and push it straight down until the lid clicks into place. Next, snap the condensation collector back into place by pressing it up over the the lid stem.
Instructions for using the Wolfgang Puck Rice Cooker to make rice:
1) Only measure rice with the enclosed measuring cup. (If you've lost the measuring cup, you can follow the directions, but use a 3/4 cup measuring cup instead.) For best results rinse measured rice until the water becomes relatively clear.
2) Pour the rinsed rice in the pot, and add water. For 10 cups of uncooked rice, which will yield 15 cups of cooked rice, measure 10 full scoops of rice, using the rice measure included with your unit. Add to the rice cooker pot.
3) Add water to the 10 cup line on the inside of the pot. Always add the rice to the pot BEFORE adding the water to the pot. The water level marked on the inner pot is based upon having rice added already.
4) Place the pot in the rice cooker.
5) Close the outer lid. The lid is closed properly when it clicks.
6) Plug in and immediately press the switch down to "cook". The cook indicator light will illuminate to indicate the rice is cooking.
7) The rice cooker will automatically switch to "Keep Warm" when the cooking process has completed. The Keep Warm function will continue until the unit is unplugged.
8) Open the rice cooker by pressing the release button on the handle. Be sure to open the lid facing away from you to avoid any hot steam.
9) Remove and clean the condensation collector after every use.
Using your Wolfgang Puck Rice Cooker to Steam Vegetables:
1) Pour 1 cup of water into the pot.
2) Place inner pot in the rice cooker housing and place the steaming basket on the pot.
3) Add ingredients to steaming basket.
4) Close the outer lid.
5) Plug in the unit, and press the switch to "cook".
6) You'll have to time your cooking manually, as the unit will automatically switch to "Keep Warm" when the water has evaporated.
Here is a fresh vegetable steaming chart guide to help you determine how long to steam your vegetables in your Wolfgang Puck Rice Cooker:
Asparagus - 1 pound - 10 to 12 mins
Green or Wax beans - 1/2 pound - 12 to 13 mins
Broccoli, spears - 3/4 pound - 13 to 15 mins
Broccoli, florets - 3/4 pound - 12 to 14 mins
Cabbage, cut into 4 wedges - 1 pound - 16 to 18 mins
Carrots, 1 inch slices - 1/2 pound - 10 to 12 mins
Carrots, 1 inch slices - 1 pound - 13 to 15 mins
Cauliflower, florets - 1 pound - 12 to 14 mins
Corn-on-the-cob, each halved - 2 ears - 12 to 14 mins
Red or white potatoes, medium, quartered - 1 pound - 18 to 20 mins
Red or white potatoes, medium, quartered - 2 pounds (stir halfway through cooking) 27 to 30 mins
Sweet potatoes, Medium, quartered - 1 pound - 19 to 20 mins
Snow peas - 1/2 pound - 8 to 9 mins
Spinach, stems trimmed - 1/2 pound - 10 to 11 mins
Zucchini or summer squash, sliced - 1 pound - 11 to 12 mins
wolfgang puck 10 cup rice cooker
Rice Cooker Recipe - Jambalaya
Wolfgang Puck Rice Cooker Recipe
Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya
2 measures (1 1/2 cups) long grain rice
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 pound hot andouille sausage, cut into 1"-slices
1/4 cup diced onions
1/4 cup diced green bell peppers
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/4 cup marsala wine
2 cups chicken stock (fish stock or water may be substituted)
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper to taste
1) Rinse rice thoroughly in cold water and set aside.
2) Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan. Ads shrimp and sauté until cooked through. Remove shrimp and set aside.
3) Add sausage, onions, peppers and garlic to the same pan. Sauté until onions are translucent. Add tomato paste and stir.
4) Deglaze pan with Marsala wine and let simmer for 3-4 mins. Add chicken stock and bay leaf.
5) Pour mixture into Wolfgang Puck Rice cooker pot and add reserved rice and salt. Press COOK.
6) When rice cooker switches to KEEP WARM (appx 20 mins), add cooked shrimp and stir. Jambalaya will be ready in 15 mins.
Rice Cooker Recipe - Mac & Cheese
Wolfgang Puck Rice Cooker Recipe
Macaroni and Cheese
2 - 3 servings
1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
1) Combine macaroni, broth and cream n rice cooker. Press COOK. Stir occasionally.
2) When machine switches to KEEP WARM, add remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly until all cheese is melted.
3) Press COOK again. The rice cooker will switch to KEEP WARM after just a few mins; this is the point where the cheese on the bottom turns that delicious brown. Serve.