- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Wondergrain Lentil Soup
How much did you love it?
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Wondergrain pearled white sorghum, available at Whole Foods or Fresh Market
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, diced
- 5 cups chicken stock, low sodium
- 4 cups water
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp thyme, dried or fresh
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup lentils
- Heat olive oil in a large pot on medium heat and add onions, carrots, garlic, and salt. Saute for 3-4 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Add Wondergrain and stir. Add chicken stock, tomato sauce, tomatoes, water, bouillon cube, cumin and pepper. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Add lentils and cook until Wondergrain is tender to the bite. Note-- it will remain firm, but tender. About 40-45 more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Health Benefits of Sorghum
- Health Benefits of Sorghum | The Whole Grains Council
The Whole Grains Council is a nonprofit consumer advocacy group that helps consumers find whole grain foods and understand their health benefits; helps manufacturers create delicious whole grain products; and helps the media write accurate, compellin