World Cooking Mexican Style Creamed Corn Recipe
Spice up your dieting lifestyle with this mexican style creamed corn recipe! There aren't many out there like this so i'm sure you will find it interesting! Cooking is one of the few joys in this world, how about you experience the joy that people share around the world by studying and recreating the recipes all for yourself! Step into their lifestyle and it may even cause you to change something about you as well. You can modify this recipe as well in order to fit you and your diet if necessary. Food is delicious, but it doesn't mean you should change your health conditions for it. Unless it's million dollar fudge. Then it's worth it.
Diced green chili peppers will give this quick and easy to fix recipe for a side dish a hint of mexican flavor. Experience food from another part of the world (unless you are from mexico) by creating it in your own kitchen with your own materials.
- 1 10 ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup reduced calorie soft style cream cheese
- 1/2 of a 4 ounce can (1/4 cup) diced green chili peppers
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- In a medium saucepan combine corn, green pepper, red pepper, celery, and 1/2 cup water. Cook about 5 minutes or till corn is tender. Drain.
- Stir in cream cheese, chili peppers, milk, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and dash pepper. Heat through. Makes 4 servings.
94 calories, 4 g protein, 17 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 144 mg potassium.
Thanks for reading and good luck on your taste filled adventure!