Amazing Cheesy Potato Recipe
Too good to be true?
Looking for a delicious potato side-dish that's easy-to-make, and that everyone leaves the party asking for the recipe? Look no further.
- Prep time? 15 minutes
- Cook time? 1 hour, 5 minutes
- Culinary experience needed? If you can chop an onion, and mix 5 ingredients in a bowl, keep reading.
- Great for family get-togethers, office parties, pot-lucks, Superbowl parties, etc.
1) one 2-lb bag of frozen diced potatoes
2) 2 Cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (use 2% milk cheese for a healthier version)
3) 1/2 white or yellow onion. Yellow onions have a stronger onion flavor than white onions
4) 1 can (10 3/4oz) Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup (use low sodium, or low fat for a healthier version)
5) 16oz sour cream (use low fat for a healthier version)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Lightly butter 9x13 glass baking pan to prevent sticking.
2) Finely chop onion
3) Combine potatoes, cheese, onion, cream of chicken soup, and sour cream in a large mixing bowl. Stir until all the ingredients are evenly mixed.
4) Evenly spread mixture into 9x13 glass baking pan.
1) Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
2) Turn oven to Broil, and continue to cook (~5 mins) until top layer of potatoes are golden brown.
3) Serves 12.