- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Yankee Lobster company famous lobster mac and cheese recipe
Here is the original recipe for Yankee Lobster Company famous lobster mac and cheese recipe.
The Zanti family, owners of Yankee Lobster Fish Market, have been in the fishing business for several generations. They originally started in a little fishing village of Augusta, Italy, and in 1898, ventured to America seeking the fertile fishing grounds that led to a little restaurant in Boston called the Yankee lobster co.
If you ever have a chance please stop by this restaurant- the food is so good and fresh- and the owners are super nice. The restaurant is 5 stars across the board- and their lobster mac and cheese is absolutely delicious.It sells for 11.99 per plate.
I would never have thought the two would work so well together, but I guarantee this will be a stable in your home. My daughter axially stopped to ask me if I made this because it was so good.
- 1.5 lbs cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, (reserve 4 ounces of butter and set aside).
- 2 lbs lobster meat, either a whole lobster shucked or 2 lobster tails diced
- 3 cups half and half
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- 1 lb shredded white cheddar
- 2 containers (about 16 ounces) Parmesan grated cheese, (reserve 1/2 cup and set aside)
- 1 ounce dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- First cook your macaroni til al-dente if not already done so. Preheat the oven till 350
- Cut your lobster tails or shuck your whole lobster. Dont forget to get the meat out of the claws if you are using a whole lobster. Cut your lobster meat till it is diced.
- Drain your pasta and place in a bowl.
- Chop your onion and place in the same bowl.
- Chop your tomatoes and place in the same bowl.
- Place the chopped lobster in the bowl as well.
- Melt your butter on the stove and once it is melted- place your flour in the butter to create a rue on medium heat. Stir well will make a thick consistency.
- Add your garlic powder, half and half, heavy cream, white wine and squeeze half of a lemon into the saucepan. Cook on low till heated to a simmer till temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- In a separate bowl shred all of your cheddar.
- Add your shredded cheddar to the saucepan on the stove and stir well. Add the two containers of Parmesan cheese except the 1/2 of cup of Parmesan cheese ( we will use this for the topping) to the saucepan. Stir well.
- In a separate bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, remaining 4 ounces melted butter and remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan that you reserved.
- Combine the hot cheese sauce with the lobster and cooked mac mixture. Spread even into a 13x 9 inch baking pan. Top with breadcrumbs mixture. Bake till bubbly, and the top gets light brown about 35 minutes