- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Yummy Chicken Recipes
Why I Love Chicken Recipes
I love chicken! Be it fried, baked, a main ingredient in a dish - or even extras - in pasta, roasted, grilled or anything. As long as it is "chicken", I will never say no to it. I'm not into much of lean meat like pork or beef - unless they're tenderly cooked as if it's about to melt in my mouth as I savor their flavor. My craze towards chickens started when my mom cooked me her very first (according to her) homemade crispy fried chicken.
Well aside from the fact that chicken dishes are truly easy to cook, they're a lot less expensive than any other type of meat. But hey, don't get me wrong. I don't eat chicken every single day. Let's just say that compare to other meat, I will more likely choose chicken. So let me share you some of the best and yummiest chicken recipes I've already tried before.
Grilled Chicken Breasts, Three Ways
Your entire family will never get tired of this one of the yummy recipes as there are three different ways that you can serve it. Every dinner could be a whole new surprise for them even when you are just practically cooking the same thing over and over again. This recipe is great for busy women who do not have a lot of time to plan for dinner.
For Chicken Meat:
- 2 ½ lbs chicken breasts
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- For Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Seasoning:
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp seasoned olive oil
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
For Garlic-Herb Seasoning:
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon peel
For Sage-Butter Seasoning:
- 1 tbsp melted margarine or butter
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage leaves
- Prepare seasoning mix first. Choose your choice of seasoning mix and combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Separate the skin from the meat on each breast half with fingertips.
- Rub equal amounts of seasoning mixture under skin of each breast.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on the grill and cook over medium heat for about 25 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part of breast is pierced with tip of knife. Be sure to turn the chicken over once.
Chicken Cordon Bleu
This is one of the best and my most favorite chicken breast recipes! A favourite classic for kids, this explosion of different tastes will always remain a food favourite for every family. Aside from being tasty, this dish is actually very easy to prepare.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 thin slices of ham
- 4 slices of thin part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 bag of baby spinach
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Add the chicken and sauté until golden brown on the bottom.
- Turn the chicken and reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook until chicken loses its pink color.
- Raise the heat to medium-high and stir in broth, vinegar and black pepper. Cook uncovered for 1 minute before removing the skillet from heat.
- Top each chicken breast with a ham slice then add a cheese slice. Cover skillet until cheese melts.
- To garnish, divide spinach among 4 plates and top each with a chicken breast. Sprinkle the balsamic vinegar over the top.
Barbecued Buffalo Wings Recipe
One of the most famous chicken recipes, buffalo wings are some of the tastiest and spiciest recipes available. Their popularity is further ensured by how easy it is to prepare them. Great to eat anytime of the day, this recipe is one for keeps.
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 12 tbsps hot sauce
- 2 tsps Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a small skillet set over low heat.
- Stir constantly until the butter melts.
- Once the butter melts, whisk the sauce vigorously. The sauce should remain liquid throughout the cooking process.
- If the sauce starts to solidify, heat it up just enough to melt it all the while continuing your whisking. You don't want this sauce to boil though so try to keep your heat at a minimum.
- Using a knife, separate the drumettes from the flats (the mid-joint wings).
- Toss the wings with the vegetable oil and the salt, and arrange in one layer on the grill set over low heat.
- If you are using charcoal or wood, set your fire on one side of the grill and arrange the wings on the other side away from the direct heat.
- Cook them slowly with little or no sizzle. Cover the grill for about 30 minutes.
- Turn the wings and paint with the Buffalo wing sauce.
- Close the grill and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Repeat the process while decreasing the turning interval until the wings are done to your liking.