Yummy Filipino Dessert Recipes
8 tsps sugar (white or brown divided into 2 equal parts put in 2 medium size molder, add a little water and caramelize in low fire then set aside to cool)
7 egg yolks
1 whole egg (with yolk and egg white)
1 small Big can Condense Milk
1 Big can Evaporated Milk (preferrably the Carnation brand)
1. In a bowl, beat the eggs well.
2. Combine the Condense milk and Evaporated milk to the egg mixture and mix.
3. Put into prepared molds with caramelize sugar.
4. Steam for 30 minutes ( you will know if it's done already when you prick it with a toothpick and nothing will stick on it).
5. Let it cool before putting inside the refrigerator.
6. Serve by putting it upside down on a plate so that the caramel side is on top.
(This recipe makes 2 if you'll use a medium size mold)
Filipino Style Fruit Salad
2 Cans 450g Del Monte Fiesta or any brand of Fruit Cocktail
2 250mL All Purpose Cream
1 Big Can Condense Milk
1 small bottle of Green Kaong
1 small bottle of Red Kaong
1 small bottle white Nata de Coco
1/2 bar of a 200g cheddar cheese cut into cubes (optional)
2 box 425g Raisins (optional)
1 Red Apple cut into cubes (optional)
1. Drain all ingredients with heavy syrup (Fruit cocktail, kaong and nata de coco) and put inside a large mixing bowl.For the fruit cocktail you can set aside the syrup and use it in cooking meat dishes like Beef Caldereta.
2. Put the apple, raisins and cheese with the other ingredients.
3. In another bowl mix the all purpose cream and condense milk. Then transfer it to the other bowl with the other ingredients. Mix.
4. Put inside the refrigerator to chill.
5. Serve cold.
Note: To make this into Buko Salad just add shredded young coconut meat ( from 5 pieces of Buko or young Coconut)to the ingredients instead of Apple. Or for a Tropical Fruit Salad just add Banana (Lakatan variety) slice into 1.5 inch thick and Watermelon, cut into cubes instead of Apple.
5 pcs slice ripe Mango (cut lengthwise)
1 big can Condense Milk
1 big can All purpose Cream
2 packs Graham Crackers
1. Mix the condense milk and all purpose cream in a bowl and set aside.
2. Arrange the first layer of graham crackers in a 15" x 10 rectangular baking dish.
3. Lace with the cream and milk mixture then layer with mangoes.You can also cover the mangoes with the milk cream mixture.
4. Cover with another layer of Graham crackers then repeat step 2 and 3 until you have no more crackers left to pile. The last layer would be step 3.
5. Refrigerate until ready to eat. Best eaten when cold because it will be on shape.
NOTE: You can also have another variety of Refrigerated cake by using Tropical fruit cocktail instead of slice mangoes. For this you'll need 1 can 450 g fruitcocktail, 1 can big condense milk, 1 big can and 1 small can all purpose cream.