Yummy Fish Pie Recipe
190 - 200 oc
- 1/2-3/4kg (1- 1 1/2lb) Potatoes
- Knob Of Butter
- 2 15ml (table spoon) Milk
- 400g (1lb) Cod or Haddock
- 250ml (1/2pt) Milk
- 25g (1oz) Flour
- 25g (1oz) Butter or Margarine
- 1 15ml (table spoon) Parsley, chopped a little lemon juice
- Peel the potatoes, cook them in boiling salted water until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and cream them with a knob of butter and 2 15ml (table spoon) of milk.
- Poach the fish in the milk until just cooked. Drain the fish, reserving the milk. Remove the skin and any bones from the fish and flake.
- Make a white sauce with the flour, butter or margarine and the reserved milk.
- Add the seasoning, parsley and lemon juice and mix well together.
- Stir in the fish and place in an oven casserole dish.
- Pipe the potato over the top of the fish and bake in a hot oven until the potato is brown.
The Parsley sauce can be replaced by a white sauce to which one of the following may be added.
- 100g (4oz) mushrooms, chopped
- 100g (4oz) prawns, peeled
- 50-75g (2-3oz) cheese, grated