- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients»
- Vegetable Ingredients
Harvest White Beans Recipe
Guess What Goes Well with White Beans
White beans are great cooked in traditional recipes, but when “These are good!” was my husband’s assessment of this latest take on dried beans my thought was, "Can there be better words to hear when you make a new dish?" Needless to say, I was pleased with his response to my Harvest White Beans recipe!
This white beans recipe contains both navy and great northern beans that are cooked in chicken broth. A few seasonings go in for the duration of cooking in the Crock Pot, but the Harvest Corn Soup goes in for only the last hour.
Served with my cornbread baked with a tablespoon of ground flax seed (something my husband approved when I made my Pot of Gold Beans), this White Beans with Harvest Corn Soup recipe is another home run on the home front.
Good for You Ingredients go in my Harvest White Beans recipe!Click thumbnail to view full-size
Ingredients for White Beans with Harvest Corn Soup Recipe:
- 1 Pound Dried Navy Beans
- 1 Pound Dried Great Northern Beans
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Slices Bacon, High Quality All Natural Tastes Best
- 1 Quart Chicken Broth
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Large Bay Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Brown RIce
- 1 Quart Package Organic Imagine Harvest Corn Soup
- 1/8 Cup Dried Parsley
- Read package instructions to clean and rise beans well.
- Soak beans overnight covered with water, changing the water at least once after 3 hours.
- The next morning put olive oil and bacon in a 6 quart Crock Pot/slow cooker.
- Add the drained beans and 1 quart chicken broth.
- Add enough water to cover beans 1/2".
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for 6-8 hours until beans are tender.
- About 1 hour before the beans are finished cooking stir in the bay leaves, rice, and the Corn Soup.
- When rice is cooked stir in 1/8 cup dried parsley.
Bean Soup in a Crock Pot
Serving White Beans with Harvest Corn Soup
Serve with your favorite corn muffins (I now add 1 tablespoon ground flax seed to mine) with my Apple Cider Fizz and Garbanzo Brownies (recipe links below) for one happy meal at home!
Since it is both healthy and economical, as well as flavorful and easy to put together, this will be one of your preferred meals to make throughout the fall and winter season. It's home cooking at it's best!
White Beans with Harvest Corn Soup is a gorgeous and hearty meal that just may make dried beans one your family’s favorites! Let me know what you (and they) think of this meal in the comments below.
Cooking Pinto Beans
Yum Corn Muffins
Corn Soup with Chicken
Closing Harvest Shots
More Recipes with Special Ingredients:
• Not your grandmother's Broccoli Salad!
• Souped up Apple Cider Fizz will surprise you and your guests.
• Forbidden Rice, or black rice, has a unique history.
• Artificial sweeteners could be at the root of your insomnia.
• Once in a while healthy isn't the main issue; that's when smoked turkey meets the need!
• Mashed potatoes are comfort food, but not everyone can eat traditional versions.
• A Pumpkin Crunch for people who are allergic to cow's milk, yet its one everyone loves?
• An amazing muffin recipe like no other Banana Ginger Ale Muffins contain garbanzo flour.
• Two for one hub with blueberry recipes that are cow milk free.
• What's a recipe list without a chocolate recipe--this one is gluten free.
• Follow the links on flaxseed and see what a power-house this seed is.
• Celtic sea salt brings a new dimension to the foods we eat.
• What's the big deal about almonds?