Yummy Orange Shrimp Curry
Orange Shrimp Curry
Today I am going to share a yummy shrimp curry recipe with you. I am going to use mid-size shrimp seasoned, fried and finally cook with orange juice and mint. If you like you can dress this up with fresh sliced basil, sliced green chilli and lemon zest.
Deep-fry the shrimp until its color change to golden brownish which make shrimps crispy. This dish is so enjoyable to eat by tasting individual ingredient.
- 32 pics mid-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup onion, paste
- 1 table spoon garlic, paste
- 1 table spoon ginger, paste
- 3 table spoon oil, soybean oil / olive oil
- 1 tea spoon salt
- as per the taste sugar / honey, optional
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup mint leave, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tea spoon tasting salt, to taste
- 1 tea spoon red chilli, powder
- 1/2 tea spoon turmeric, powder
- 1/2 tea spoon coriander, powder
- wash the shrimps very well and set shrimp aside.
- Place 1/3 cup onion paste,1 tea spoon garlic paste, 1 tea spoon ginger paste, 1/4 tea spoon red chili powder, 1/4 tea spoon turmeric powder,1/4 tea spoon coriander powder, 1/4 tea spoon salt together in a large bowl and mixed up all the ingredients very well. Now place the half wet shrimps into the bowl to coat shrimp with spice mixture. Now cover the bowl with a tight-fitting lid and keep it for 10 min to marinate.
- Heat soybean oil in a large fry-pane over medium heat until the oil is hot and shimmering but not smoking. Put the shrimp and pan-fry in batches until shrimp are opaque inside and golden brown and crisp outside, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Drain cooked shrimp on paper towels while you fry the remaining shrimp.
- Take a clean saucepan and pour soybean oil and keep it over medium heat until the oil is medium hot. Give the remaining onion paste, garlic paste, ginger paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt into the oil, and stir it until it takes brownish color. Then put the fried shrimps into the saucepan and stir it well. After 2 to 3 min put orange juice into it and stir again for mixing well. Cover the saucepan with lid wait for 5 minutes. After that put some honey/sugar as per the taste, sliced basil leaves, and tasting salt into the curry and stir. After 2 to 3 min off the gas and now orange shrimp curry is ready to serve. Serve hot orange shrimp curry on a serving platter with lemon zest, green chili, and sliced basil leave.
© 2020 Shabiha Dil Afroz