- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Yummy Sausage and Egg Breakfast Cups
What You Will Need
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
12 pieces of bread
* Using a muffin pan, press each piece of bread into each individual cup.
1/4 c. milk
1/2 lb breakfast sausage
1/4 c chopped green onion
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Bake bread crusts for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. This can be done a day ahead of time.
- Lightly beat eggs, milk, and pepper. Distribute evenly among 12 bread crusts.
- Sprinkle sausage and onions into each cup.
- Top with cheddar cheese and bake for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 3-5 minutes before removing from muffin pans.
(Makes 12 servings)
* Make these a day ahead of time for an easy weekend brunch addition
* Top with gravy or salsa for added flavor.
* Out of sausage? Substitute bacon or ham!
This recipe is adapted from a recipe I found in Cooking Light Magazine.