- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
The BEST Breakfast of Champions
A Delicious Meal to Spend with Family
Breakfast. It's the most important meal of the day. It's what fuels us for those long boring hours in the office or school. But sometimes, it's just too hard to get up at 5AM and cook yourself breakfast, eat it thoroughly, enjoy it, clean the dishes, and then go to work. No, the average household is more like (well if lucky), slather some type of jam on to a burned piece of toast, grab flask of coffee while putting on coat, and sprinting out of the house. Sadly this is the reality. However, this is a recipe that can be used for those times when you don't have to barge your way to work or gulp a bowl of cereal before school. These recipes are for those wintry Saturday mornings where you can create wonderful memories with your children together. It's a simple breakfast: pancakes and eggs. But it's enough to make it a breakfast of champions for you and your loved ones.
What do you think of this recipe?
Ingredients for Pancakes
- 190g flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 100ml milk
- 200g Greek yogurt
- a pinch cinnamon
How to make fluffy light pancakes!
- Combine the dry ingredients together. Add the egg, milk and yogurt. Beat till smooth. Do NOT overbeat. You just want to mix until combined well.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan. Use a ladle and pour about 1/4 of a cup of the batter on to the pan.
- When you see small bubbles appear on the surface of the batter, it means its time to flip. Cook both sides and serve with your favourite syrups or jams!
Ingredients for Strawberry Sauce
- Strawberries, cleaned and chopped
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
Sweet and sticky strawberry sauce!
- Place strawberries in pan with sugar and bit of water.
- Turn on the heat, and let the strawberries simmer and begin to congeal.
- If the mixture is too thick add some water accordingly.
- Serve warm over pancakes. **Or any other cake you like**
Ingredients for Sunny Side Eggs
- 3 eggs (depending on how many you are serving or want to eat
- black pepper
Savory Sunny Side Eggs
- Melt some butter in a skillet. Slowly crack eggs on to the skillet one by one.
- Add a bit of salt on top of the eggs.
- Put some butter between the eggs.
- Cover the skillet and let it cook for a 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with black pepper (if desired).