- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes
Yummylicious Green Smoothie
Isn't Green smoothie yucky?!!
I know I know, you must be thinking..Green smoothie and yummy?? Well yes, Green smoothies can be sooper yummy when made the right way.
I am writing this post for all those who are starting to clean up their diets and have obviously stumbled upon lots and lots of people swearing by the awesome benefits that these smoothies have. Are you scared that it'll be yucky? Fret not! I've got your back..I promise this is going to be yummy!!
So what do we need?
These are the ingredients you'll need to get from the grocery store:
How much of each ingredient?
- 1 cup Baby spinach and kale
- 4-5 Strawberries, Leaves removed
- 4-5 pieces Cut watermelon
- 1 pinch Chat masala, Optional
- 1 cup water
Steps to follow:
- Measure out 1 cup of spinach (tightly packed into the cup) and put it in the mixer/grinder.
- Add 1 cup of water to the spinach and grind the spinach and water together. So now we have a green looking juice.
- Now add the strawberries and watermelon pieces. Grind again.
- Pour the smoothie out into a glass.
- Add a pinch of chat masala on top. (optional)
P.S. For those who don't know what Chat Masala is, it's this sooper yummy, tangy spice which you can add to almost everything. It tastes sooper yum sprinkled over apples too.
You can usually find it at any Indian grocery store or you can get it from here on Amazon:
|Serving size: 1 glass|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 28 g||9%|
|Sugar 18 g|
|Fiber 6 g||24%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 26 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|