- Food and Cooking
Yuppy Pumpkin Fritters Recipe
Being one of my favorite snacks, I thought I would share my recipe for some "Yummy Pumpkin Fritters"
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Cup Flour, (I use a 1/2 and 1/2 multi-grain to white flour mix)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- dash Nutmeg
- dash Salt
- 1 Egg, Lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Oil, For Frying
- Boil pumpkin in skin until soft. Once cooked, it is very easy to scoop out the pumpkin, set aside and let cool. Preheat oil for frying fritters.
- n a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, ground cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder. Then add sugar, egg, vanilla and pumpkin.
- Mix until all ingredients are well blended and then fry your fritters until golden brown all over.
- As a nice touch, I sometimes sprinkle mine with confectioners sugar or some cinnamon sugar.