Zucchini Bread Step by Step
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup salad dressing, (vegetable oil)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup nuts, optional, any kind
- 2 cups raw zucchini, grated
In addition to the ingredients you will need a number of utensils as well. You will need 2 8x4 bread pans that have been greased and floured, a mixer, two mixing bowls, measuring cups, a spatula, and a cooling rack if you desire
- After gathering all the ingredients and tools needed make this recipe you are going to need to preheat the oven. The oven will need to be set at 350 degrees before starting to prepare the recipe.
- Once the oven has been turned on you can begin preparing the recipe. To begin, sift and combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon in the smaller of thee two mixing bowls you have set out. After mixing the dry ingredients, set the mix aside until it's needed later.
- Now crack the three eggs and add them to your other mixing bowl. The eggs will need to be beaten until they are foamy. After you have beaten the eggs, add the sugar, oil, and vanilla to the bowl. Mix until these ingredients are well blended.
- Once the wet ingredients are well-blended, take the dry ingredients that you set aside from earlier and add them to the mixture and mix until well blended like in the previous step. I personally like to add the dry ingredients gradually instead of all at once. This technique makes it easier to blend the mix together especially if you don't have a large bowl and it prevents the dry ingredients to explode out of the bowl and getting everywhere once the electronic mixer is turned on.
- Once the mixture has been well blended, you can add the raw grated zucchini to the mixture. You will need to grate your own zucchini which will take a little extra time but it's a fun experience for new bakers, at least it was for me. Once the zucchini has been grated, stir the zucchini in gently with your spatula so you don't over mix. At this time you may also add any nuts you may like into the mixture and stir them in.
- Before pouring your zucchini mixture into the two loaf pans make sure they are greased and have been sprinkled with some flour to prevent them from sticking. If using a cooking spray, it is usually recommended that you use one that is said to be specifically made for baking or say with flour on the label because it helps to prevent the bread from sticking to the pan. After the pans are greased, pour your mixture evenly into the pans and make sure the mixture is level before placing into the oven so the bread bakes evenly.
- You can place both of the bread pans into the oven at the same time, which reduces the wait time for this delicious bread. Bake the mixture at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes to an hour or until you tester comes out clean.Once the tester has been inserted and removed cleanly you will need to let the breads cool either in the pan or the cooling rack
I recommend trying the bread when it's still warm to the touch but not hot because the bread is the best, in my opinion, when still warm. You can top with butter or eat it plain but either way you will not regret this decision. After you have tasted you bread make sure to wrap in aluminum foil to prevent it from hardening and going bad.
I really hope that you will enjoy this recipe just like my family still does to this day. Keep in mind that is how my family makes and their are different variations where you can add chocolate chips, banana, or making chocolate zucchini bread in general, it's different from zucchini bread with chocolate chips. This recipe gives the basics to making a simple zucchini bread and is a fairly easy recipe to follow if you are just starting out.