Zucchini Parmesan Fritters, A Quick and Easy Recipe
This has been my favorite snack lately. Zucchini are abundant in the garden and this recipe comes together so easily. Not to mention it tastes great! My three year old even loves them. They can be eaten plain or with any kind of dipping sauce you like. Eat them as a snack, breakfast or even as a side for lunch or dinner!
- 2 Zucchini, or about 3 cups shredded
- 2/3 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- pinch Pepper
- 1/3 cup Fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil for frying
This recipe is featured in a great collection of hubpages recipes by 2patricias
- Line a small bowl with paper towels. Wash and dry the zucchini. Grate into bowl and set aside. The paper towel will absorb some of the liquid so the batter isn't too runny later on.
- In a medium to large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, italian seasoning, chili powder, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Create a well in the center.
- In a small bowl beat eggs with the milk. Add to the well in the flour mixture and gradually incorporate all the flour into the egg mixture. You should have a thick batter.
- Add the zucchini to the batter and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Use a measuring tablespoon to add the batter to the pan. Use the side or back of the spoon to gently flatten batter. Fill pan with fritters so they aren't touching.
- Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Continue until all the batter is used up. Serve hot. If needed keep warm in a low heated oven.