Zucchini Pancakes (Latkes)
- 1/3 cup pancake Mix (or flour mix)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons butter, for cooking
- to taste salt & pepper
- In a large bowl, stir together the pancake mix, parmesan cheese, salt & pepper.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to beat the eggs until the yolk is broken but not completely mixed in. Then stir in the egg to the pancake mixture in the large bowl.
- Fold in the shredded zucchini. Mix well.
- Melt butter on griddle.
- Use a ladle to cook 4 small round pancakes on medium heat. 2-3 minutes each side until browned. Re-grease pan with butter between each batch.
- As the mix sits, it becomes really wet and separated. Stir often to keep well-mixed.
- Salt the hot zucchini pancakes on top for serving!
For parmesan cheese substitute 1 extra egg
For pancake mix use favorite flour blend