A Zesty Spin on Taco Salad
Not Your Traditional Taco Salad
This recipe is a special one I grew up eating. When my Dad announced he was making his special taco salad, I would jump up and down with excitement, over a salad! This was, and still is, one of my favorite "go-to" meals. It is cool, crisp and light- just perfect for the summertime. Wait, what am I saying?! It is great to eat at just about any time! I make this for dinner once a month, at least.
How To Make It
Here is how to make the best, most delicious taco salad in the whole world, at least in my opinion. All my family and friends love it! And the best part about this dish, is that It only takes 20 minutes, and is super easy to prepare. I might add that you can certainly choose more vegetables to put in it. I'll admit right now, growing up, I ate this salad with tomatoes and chopped red onion mixed in it too. Darn tasty! However, I believe I have perfected the flavor combination by removing those ingredients.
- small bag of American salad mix
- can of dark red kidney beans
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound of ground meat
- small bag of Frito scoops
- small bottle of original Catalina dressing
- Fully cook the ground meat in a pan, and then let it drain and cool on paper towels in a small bowl.
- Wash the salad mix, and dump it into a large mixing bowl.
- Crush the Fritos, and mix them into the salad.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans, and mix them into the salad.
- Stir the ground meat into the salad.
- Stir the cheddar cheese into the salad.
- Pour Catalina dressing over the salad and stir, using however much you prefer.
My Suggestions - These are things I highly recommend in the kitchen.
Not only are these products great, but they are environmentally friendly!