Super Easy Strawberry/Angel Food Cake Dessert
Low-Calorie Strawberry Angel Food Dessert
Not only does this strawberry angel food dessert taste heavenly, but it also looks heavenly. And the very best part of it is that this strawberry angel food dessert is low in calories.
We've lowered the calorie count by using sugar-free strawberry Jello and fat-free or low fat Cool Whip. Using fresh strawberries will lower the calories even more.
When I use fresh strawberries, in place of the drained strawberry juice, I use an individual packet of wild strawberry Crystal Lite in one cup of water. Trust me, if you make this dessert once, you'll be making it often.
Strawberry Angel Food Cake Dessert
I baked my angel food cake using a mix, but if you wish, you could just buy an angel food cake for this dessert.
- 1 box Angel Food Cake
- 1 (16 oz.) box frozen, sliced strawberries
- 1 cup strawberry juice
- 1 small pkg. sugarless, strawberry Jell-o
- 1 (8 oz.) box fat-free Cool Whip
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- Thaw and drain the strawberries. Heat one cup of the strawberry juice, the marshmallows and the strawberry Jell-o until the marshmallows are melted. Mixture will be kind of thick. Add the strawberries, stir and cool slightly. In a large pan, I use a 9" x 13" cake pan, break the angel food cake into small bite-sized pieces. Fold the Cool Whip into the strawberry mixture. Pour the strawberry mixture over the angel food pieces. With a spoon or spatula, move the cake pieces a bit to let the strawberry mixture find it's way between and around the cake pieces. Chill in refrigerator. Cut into 24 pieces.
Break the Angel Food Cake Into Pieces
Pour Strawberry Mixture and Work Into Cake Pieces
For Your Sweetheart
© 2012 Loraine Brummer