Easter Goodies for the Classroom
Easter Marshmallow Bark
This delicious and fun recipe will make students and fellow coworkers ooh and aah. It quick and easy to make, for even the most novice cook.
- 12oz bag White Chocolate Chips
- 3 cups mini rainbow marshmallows
- 1 tbsp butter or shortening
- Pastel sprinkles
- Egg shake cookie cutter
- Line a 8x11 glass dish with parchment paper
- Put white chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for one minute. Stir the mixture and put it back in the microwave for 30 seconds. Continue to stir and cook for 30 second intervals until chocolate is completely melted.
- Measure out 3 cups of marshmallows and add them to the chocolate mixture.
- Stir the mixture and coat all marshmallows in melted chocolate.
- Put mixture in the 8x11 dish you lined earlier. Press it down firmly until it's level.
- Add sprinkles of your choice.
- Put in the freezer for 20 minutes to cool the chocolate.
- After returning the mixture to room temperature, spray an egg shaped cookie cutter with cooking spray.
- You now have a unique treat for any Easter party!
Hidden Surprise Rice Crispy Treats
Your students will be amazed when they crack open these egg shaped rice crispy treats to find candy inside.
- 12 plastic Easter Eggs
- 3 tbsp butter
- 40 regular marshmallows (about one bag)
- 6 cups Rice Crispy cereal
- 1/2 cup M&Ms
- Spray inside of plastic eggs with cooking spray. Set them aside for later
- Melt marshmallows and butter in large saucepan on medium heat
- Stir in Rice Crispies until evenly coated
- Press 1/4 a cup of mixture into plastic eggs. Hollow out the center of each half with greased finger
- Remove the treats from the plastic eggs and allow to cool on wax paper
- Place 5-6 M&Ms in one half of each egg
- Press the two halves of the eggs together until they stick
- (optional) You can use frosting to place between the egg halves to make them stick
Chocolate Coated Pretzel Rods
These easy to make, decorative pretzels will make any party crowd crazy. The sweet and salty combination will bring joy to all mouths.
- 12oz bag white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp shortening
- 24 pretzel rods
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate
- pastel sprinkles
- red food coloring
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper
- Pour sprinkles onto a plate in an even layer
- Put white chocolate and shortening in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between. Continue this until white chocolate is melted.
- Pour 1/4 cup of white chocolate into separate bowl and add one or two drops of red food coloring
- Dip the pretzel rods in the plain white chocolate and set them on the cookie sheet
- Take a spoon and drizzle the pink white chocolate over 1/2 of the rods in any design you want
- Roll the un-drizzled pretzel rods through the sprinkles
- (optional) Drizzle the pink white chocolate over the sprinkled rods
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for 30 second increments, stirring in between
- Drizzle the semi-sweet chocolate over desired pretzel rods
- (optional) Cover each rod with a Wilton Pretzel Bag and tie off with a pastel ribbon