Opening a bottle of champagne is quite simple, there are a few rules.
1. Treat the champagne gently.
2. Don’t pull on the cork, the pressure within the bottle will release the cork on its own, if you pull on the cork you will have a royal mess on your hands.
This is the method I use.
1. Have a kitchen towel ready. Loosen the wires that are holding the cork on, or break the wax or whatever is being used to hold the cork in.
2. Put the towel over the bottle, loosely so there is room for the cork to shoot into the towel.
3. Hold the towel against the bottle so the towel stays in place.
4. The cork will pop out on its own, into the towel, so no one loses an eye.
5. Remove the towel and enjoy.
I hope that I don’t have to tell you to hold the bottle upright at an angle facing away from you, but I will just in case. Hold the bottle upright, at a slight angle facing away from you.