I have horrible food allergies. If I ignore them I could end up in the hospital.
My mom is allergic to cinnamon, gluten and shellfish. My mother and I both are allergic to Iodine.
My husband has a milk allergy, not lactose intolerance. If milk touches his skin he has a reaction. Ingesting it gives him asthama attack like symptoms.
My room mate cannot eat anything with a cell wall. No fruit no vegatables, he can basically eat meat, potatoes and pasta/rice.
His daughter is allergic to teriyaki sauce. So imagine trying to cook sometimes! lol. It has been a challenge, I almost feel like I need a reality show.
If it is a known food allergy the easiest thing is to stay away from it. Read food lables, google other names for what your allergic to, keep the names on you incase you need to see a lable or menu item at a restaurant has it on their menu. If it is something new you have never tried before, that alllergy test from the Dr isn't half a bad idea either.
There isnt a cure. Sometimes people can grow out of them. But I actually grew INTO mine. When I hit my 20's I had a salad that had mushrooms in it. It was normal, I occasionally got raw mushrooms on salads. I ended up in the hospital. Didn't know what hit me. Now even cream of mushroom soup could kill me. I loved eating fresh strawberries. Now, I can't even touch one without it burning my skin. Eating anything strawberry will close my throat. I'm allergic to other things, but I'll let you assume I just avoid them.
My mother takes Benadryl before eating seafood. Sometimes that works, sometimes she still gets head aches, and other reactions. I'm allergic to Benadryl so I can't try that method. And pills, no matter what a Dr says, will not cure you. It numbs your body from the reaction, but it is not a cure.