coffeegginmyrice profile image 76

Is french fries or onion rings a bad craving comfort food? What are your options to a healthier CF?

Comfort food can go beyond its purpose when it turns into craving. We know that deep fried fatty foods like this fries and onion rings don't really give out nutrients but we look for them and enjoy eating them. It becomes a culprit when we get totally out of control. What are your ways to turning comfort food such as french fries and onion rings into a better healthy choice?

wychic profile image91

Rebecca Mikulin (wychic) says

• coffeegginmyrice profile image

Marites Mabugat-Simbajon (coffeegginmyrice) 5 years ago

That's a thinking healthy there, wychic! I'm glad you put up some choices. Now, my girls just have to try and like baked squash fries or zucchini chips! I would love these for sure! Thank you and crave healthy. :)

Karen N profile image61

Karen N says

• coffeegginmyrice profile image

Oh this is my favourite potato fries-- the sweet potato! I used to purchase a frozen bag of sweet potato fries from a restaurant before. And have it oven-baked helps do the trick and eat while it's still warm because it easily wrinkles and wilts.

Nomascus concolor profile image60

Nomascus concolor says

• coffeegginmyrice profile image

Carrots is a much healthier option to crave for, Nomascus concolor, thanks! It is good for the eyes too! Only, the ready-packed baby carrots have chlorine and is not as better than the carrots that we still have to remove off the skin. :)

Carrie Terry profile image60

Carrie Terry says

• coffeegginmyrice profile image

Hi Carrie! My kids would agree the same about onion rings and french fries...KIDS! But thanks to a portable toaster oven, it is convenient & quick to just throw them into the tray, no oil. But kids have to try healthier baked veggie chips!