leroy64 profile image 80

How do you tell one species of fish from another in your market?

Just watched as news article about fraud, substitutions of one species for another without the consent or knowledge of the customer. Would any of you Hubbers near the coast be willing to some articles about this subject? I would myself; but, I live far from the ocean. Besides, I don't eat that much fish; and, I am relying on the honesty of the people I buy from. This subject would be better coming from people who shop for fish on a regular basis.

John Sarkis profile image74

John Sarkis says

• leroy64 profile image

Brian L. Powell (leroy64) 5 years ago

I like catfish too. My question is: If shark can pass for swordfish, and is cheaper, why do people serve sword fish? I have heard that shark is pretty good.

WD Curry 111 profile image60

WD Curry 111 says

• leroy64 profile image

Brian L. Powell (leroy64) 5 years ago

I can find all sorts of pictures and texts; but, at the market the cuts look different from pictures. It is just not the same. I think that my best bet is to dive in and learn how to scale and clean whole fish. I will look up your hubs. Thanks