Charlu profile image 83

What fruits are in your fruit salad and do you use the watermelon or pineapple husk as a bowl?

Do you get creative and use different fruit husks from canteloupe as a bowl, or a watermelon boat, pineapple, etc.? I googled the watermelon bowl and was in shock as to the amazing things people carved out of fruit and I've been in the restaurant business for ages and done the whole boat, gator, thing etc. Check out vegetablefruitcarving.com if you get a chance, they have everything for 4th of July to Halloween. So what fruits do you put in your fruit salad and do you get creative with the husk\skin?

vespawoolf profile image96

vespawoolf says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 5 years ago

Sounds so good especially since mango and pineapple are two of my favorite fruits. I've never heard of cherimoya and am going to have to check it out. By the way read your hub, it was awesome, with some great recipes that even I might be able to do:)

teaches12345 profile image92

Dianna Mendez (teaches12345) says

Amethystraven profile image82

Amethystraven says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 5 years ago

I always forget about putting in cherries and raspberries which is crazy since they're so good and healthy! I love making watermelon bowls and boats it's so much fun. Thanks for the honey tip too.

joanwz profile image85

Joan Whetzel (joanwz) says