Attikos profile image 82

If you had a pound of beautiful, fresh wild rice from Minnesota, how would you cook it?

I was delighted to find it in my mailbox this evening, a gift from a friend who lives there. It doesn't grow here in the South, so it's a rare treat for me, and I'm seeking experienced suggestions.

backporchstories profile image80

backporchstories says

• Attikos profile image

Attikos 5 years ago

I cook brown rice in an open pot like that, just as you would risotto, usually with some sauteed onion or other aromatic. I've never tried it with wild rice (which is a grass, not a rice), but it should work. Thanks for the comment.

LaThing profile image76

LaThing says

• Attikos profile image

Attikos 5 years ago

I have the same problem. When I can get it in the local stores, it's not of the best quality. My friend up north was generous to send it. Thanks for your response.