Charlu profile image 82

Does anyone have a good guacamole recipe? Found one that was 90 minutes to prepare, is that normal?

I was in the store yesterday and they had free samples of fresh avocado (it was so good) and tomatoes. Then when I got home I thought why not make some guacamole because I love it and remembered I've never made it before. I didn't think it would be to complicated but when I saw a 90 min prep time I kind of wish I had bought it already made. So not to complicated please.

Rosie writes profile image85

Rosie writes says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Love roma tomatoes. This sounds really easy and delicious. Thanks

Silva Hayes profile image93

Silva Hayes says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

The Worcestershire sounds like it would give it a nice touch especially vegetarian which I've never used before. Hmmmm and sour cream. Jamie Oliver makes it as quesadillas which Novascotia told me about and this would be really great. Thank you

Julie DeNeen profile image95

Blurter of Indiscretions (Julie DeNeen) says

novascotiamiss profile image90

novascotiamiss says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Thanks for the warning about the store bought stuff. I googled the Jamie Oliver recipe and your right it's really quick and sounds awesome!

twoseven profile image85

twoseven says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

I like using kosher salt and Iagree if you have good avocados you really can't go wrong. Thank you.

wayseeker profile image92

wayseeker says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Watched the video and loved your shopping hints and how to take the pit out. The creative ideas are also a bonus. I am definitely gonna try the burger or sandwich idea and the quesadilla. The fact you list everything and have video is awesome.

howlermunkey profile image93

Jeff Boettner (howlermunkey) says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Boy you know that it's fresh if it's made at the table and I like the habaneros even if they don't like me. Sometimes it's worth it. Thanks this sound great.

flacoinohio profile image85

flacoinohio says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

That would be great if you don't mind I love trying different recipes and don't mind taking the extra time sometimes when I'm not really really wanting something. The sour cream and cilantro sounds great also. Thanks

cabmgmnt profile image86

Corey (cabmgmnt) says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Went there and it is an incredible hub Thanks

vespawoolf profile image96

vespawoolf says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Awesome hub with great recipe variations and tips for ripening. I also really like the idea of having it with potato salad which is something I am definitely going to try. The link you left is an edit but got there thru your profile. Thanks

KarlawithaK profile image72

KarlawithaK says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Thanks Karla with a K It sounds easy and delicious. I also went to the Alton Brown site. I don't know why I drew a blank but I did. Thanks again and have an incredible day.

MicheleFrazier profile image81

MicheleFrazier says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Sound yummy and easy. I kind of like the ease of the salsa for flavor and tomatoes. Thanks and I thought the 90 minutes was kind of out there and there was a lot of ingredients.

starstream profile image75

Dreamer at heart (starstream) says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Wow that's really quick and has the spices and tomatoes already there. Thanks for all the experimentation making it easier for us. :)

weekend profile image60

weekend says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

It takes me three days to make sauce, lasagna, and several other recipes I just really wanted some guacamole after getting the avocados and couldn't think of how to make it. So whats the recipe? It must be really really good if it takes three days

carol7777 profile image86

carol stanley (carol7777) says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

15 minutes is really quick and great for unexpected company or one of those sudden cravings. It sounds really good with some basil and oregano Hmmmmm I may have to make a little of each of these recipes and try them all. Oh the torture lol

John Sarkis profile image76

John Sarkis says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

That sound really good and I don't have to go to Subway to get guacamole on my sandwich lol I'll bet it would be great on garlic bread Hmmmmm Thanks

ptosis profile image80

ptosis says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Thanks for the tip and a very basic recipe that sounds great. Isn't it great when you get new ideas for recipes. I just love it I had the muffin egg idea this morning and the Jamie Oliver recipe/ quesidillas this afternoon and both were awesome.

thoughtsonaporch profile image59

thoughtsonaporch says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

What great ideas and information. I just love avocados especially with a little lime and spices. That is an incredible idea about growing your own garlic and I never realized how decorative it was. Thanks for all the great ideas and info!

miss1magination profile image80

miss1magination says