philli profile image 89

A ham sandwich was left on the kitchen table all day. Hubby tried to eat it. Guy thing or not?

My husband was making himself a lunch for work and in his rush he never put his prepared ham sandwich in the bag. That evening when we all returned home from our workday, he noticed it. I was about to cook dinner so I was near. When I turned around he had taken that sandwich and taken a bite out of it. Of course, I panicked and screamed "Noooo! Don't eat that!" He actually rolled his eyes and seemed to get kind of annoyed with me. Is this something that guys do (eating rancid sandwiches) or is it more in the "that was an idiot move specific to your husband" category? Any similar experiences?

Best Answer P. Thorpe Christiansen (duffsmom) says

• philli profile image

philli 4 years ago

Exactly! That's what I'm saying. I starting to think that it is definitely a guy thing. :)

moonfairy profile image86

moonfairy says

BkCreative profile image85

BkCreative says

• philli profile image

philli 4 years ago

LOL! I agree, BKCreative. Must be a guy thing!

Jesmo profile image61

Jesmo says

• philli profile image

philli 4 years ago

I spent about 6 yrs. in the food industry and it's always stuck with me that cold foods stay cold, hot stays hot, etc. After about 4 hrs. out of temp. enough bad bacteria has grown to make you sick. I see your point though about wasting food.