Stove And Home profile image 93

Should I add more protein in place of meat now that I am a vegetarian?

I am feeding my husband tuna salad pitas today, but I am going to eat pitas with red bell pepper, cucumber, grated carrot, mayo, and mustard. So where do I place the protein component? Adding a slice of cheese, eating an egg or two later in the day? If I used to eat 6 oz of meat a day, and also ate a moderate amount of dairy and eggs. Would I be getting enough protein if I just kept the same amount of dairy and eggs in my diet? Or would I need to add more protein now? I plan to use peanut butter, beans, and seitan in my diet as well.

donnah75 profile image95

Donna Hilbrandt (donnah75) says

• Stove And Home profile image

Stove And Home 4 years ago

Thanks. I never heard of that site. I might try it out.

Frankly My Dear profile image89

Frankly My Dear says

• Stove And Home profile image

Stove And Home 4 years ago

Wow. Thank you for all the info. I love mushrooms, so this sounds perfect.

Act 3 profile image89

chet thomas (Act 3) says

• Stove And Home profile image

Stove And Home 4 years ago

I have heard that meat-eaters get too much protein, so that makes sense. I guess as long as I have a balanced veg diet I will be fine. Thanks!

tngolfplayer profile image60

tngolfplayer says