4FoodSafety profile image 85

Coca Cola distributed in the US and in Mexico - can you taste the difference? Kraft Mac and Cheese?

There is controversy over the food dye found in Kraft macaroni and cheese that is distributed in the United States and yet the color of the very same item distributed in the UK is the same and the scientists who examined the food found no dye in the UK food (money.msn.com). I can taste the difference between Coca Cola distributed to the US and Mexico. The food that we eat and is distributed in different countries, shouldn't there be disclosure? How can dye be added and not clearly posted on the front of the label? Is this lack of disclosure safe? Should we be concerned for our health?

Abby Campbell profile image91

Best Answer Abby Campbell says

SidKemp profile image94

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) says

Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94

Marcy Goodfleisch says

KNLifeisbeautiful profile image79

Koralee Nisbett (KNLifeisbeautiful) says

• SidKemp profile image

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) 4 years ago

KN - I think that, if you look deeper, you may find the source of your surprise. Dyes are a specific class of chemicals. There are colorings that are not dyes. I'm not sure, but I suspect that these are among the unregulated additives.