Crystal Tatum profile image 87

Recipe writers, I need help - Let's talk about copyright issues

When you post a recipe to HubPages, is it always 100 percent your original recipe, or that of a family member of friend from whom you have permission? I know little about copyright pertaining to recipes, but I presume if it's in a cookbook, it's illegal to post it here as your own and perhaps even with credit to the original author. I was just making a dish that I planned on posting and realized I had originally learned it from a cookbook - sure enough, when I pulled out the book, there it was. What say you recipe experts?

Pamela N Red profile image91

Pamela N Red says

Glimmer Twin Fan profile image96

Glimmer Twin Fan says

Just Ask Susan profile image88

Susan Zutautas (Just Ask Susan) says

erinb62 profile image84

Erin Buttermore (erinb62) says