A long cold spring, followed by a dull and very rainy harvesting season in London, has meant that my grapes were late to develop, and now that the weather has turned cold, I have given up hope for them to ripen on the vine. They are still very small, and most of them are sour, and have large pips compared to their size - I think the pips must have developed to full-size at the expense of the fruit itself, leaving the outer flesh of the grapes to follow later. I'm still quite proud of them, as grape-growing in the UK is still uncommon, and I don't want to waste the grapes if I can use them.
sort by best latest
I'm tough - I've tried eating them, and, as long as they are sweet-sour enough to eat without spitting them out, I can indeed eat them without dire effects!
Thanks, I might try that