suzzycue profile image 94

How do you cook Okra?

My friends in the States, had this jar of Hot,pickled Okra that I loved to eat. I have looked in all the grocery stores where I live and they don't seem to have it here in Ontario Canada. I bought some frozen Okra and thought I could mircrowave it slightly to pickle... what a mistake. The Okra had slime all over it. I was in shock how this could happen. Does anyone have a pickling recipe for Okra or can you tell me your favorite brand named hot pickled Okra to buy?

Act 3 profile image92

chet thomas (Act 3) says

• suzzycue profile image

Susan Britton (suzzycue) 3 years ago

Wow Act 3 thanks for the recipe. Yes I was afraid I was in the wrong place for Okra and I can't wait for a Bloody Mary the N'awleans way. Cheers:) No more frozen okra for me ever.

liesl5858 profile image82

Linda Bryen (liesl5858) says

• suzzycue profile image

Susan Britton (suzzycue) 3 years ago

Thank you @ liesI5858 but I could not drink the slime... it was gross. I pickled the Okra and when I pulled an Okra out of the jar a large line of slime came with it so I threw the whole jar out. I will look in the Chinese section of the grocery sto

FrankieFaye says