sallieannluvslife profile image 86

What is your favorite food that you remember your Grandmother or Mother making for you?

When I was a little girl, my Nana was considered the best cook in our county. She made the best home cooked meals around, the best coconut cakes, the best candies. She made pull taffy from a recipe handed down from her father. When I was dating my husband, she invited us over to make that pull taffy with her. It was one of my fondest memories of my Nana. How about you?

lisavollrath profile image93

Lisa Vollrath (lisavollrath) says

• sallieannluvslife profile image

sallieannluvslife 2 years ago

Chocolate hazelnut truffles!!! What a wonderful recipe to make with family!! Yummm! Thanks for your comment!

• sallieannluvslife profile image

sallieannluvslife 2 years ago

We LOVE chili in our family!! What a great memory, peeples! It is nice that your children will have the same good memories associated with your special chili, that you do! Thanks for commenting!

Hamshi profile image80

Hamshi Edward (Hamshi) says

• sallieannluvslife profile image

sallieannluvslife 2 years ago

Oh, yum! Mango Chutney! That sounds delicious! Do you eat it plain or serve it alongside other dishes? Sounds like a good recipe hub (hint! hint!) if you haven't done one on it yet! Thanks for your comments, Hamshi!

DzyMsLizzy profile image92

Liz Elias (DzyMsLizzy) says

• sallieannluvslife profile image

sallieannluvslife 2 years ago

That cake sounds delicious! I have made a lemon pudding cake, I wonder if it is the same concept as the chocolate. Either way, it sounds yummy! Thanks for commenting!

Jodah profile image88

John Hansen (Jodah) says

• sallieannluvslife profile image

sallieannluvslife 2 years ago

What awesome and fun memories you have with your grandmother and uncle, Jodah! It is so much fun making homemade butter and the taste of butter churned by your own hand from fresh cream is like nothing else in the world! Thanks for sharing!

Blond Logic profile image89

Mary Wickison (Blond Logic) says

• sallieannluvslife profile image

sallieannluvslife 2 years ago

Mmmmmm! Fried chicken, how can you go wrong with that?!! Mashed potatoes and gravy has always been a favorite of mine! Thanks for sharing with us, Blond Logic!!

sallieannluvslife profile image86

sallieannluvslife says