Jackie Lynnley profile image 80

Have you ever had a Holiday cooking nightmare?

I was just reminded of one I had when my children were not even school age and I had not cooked a lot of Holiday dinners but I was loving learning. I had slow cooked a turkey just the year before and it was so very delicious I decided to do it again. This time though I had gas oven which I knew nothing about but assumed it was the same. As it turned out the temp I was cooking it on was just not high enough for this gas stove & it kept puffing on & off & being gas terrified me & my husband! So much so that we turned the oven up to cook the dang bird & ended up with a done bird before daylight!

Glimmer Twin Fan profile image96

Glimmer Twin Fan says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

Oh; that is bad! Made me think of the Neil Young song about his dog named King. That dog was history!

Bill Yovino profile image92

Bill Yovino says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

Wow how awful! That is a nightmare! Did you find out why this was?

Becky Katz profile image87

Becky Katz says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

Well as Pa Ingalls always said, "All's well that ends well!"

Rhonda Lytle profile image87

Rhonda Lytle says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

I sometimes have luck like that; it's like don't ever thing you are doing so well. Huh? lol

favored profile image56

Fay Favored (favored) says