Venkatachari M profile image 81

What is the use of these teeth in this cutter in the image?

I can't understand the use of these teeth side of the cutter. I am using this cutter since more than one year and cut vegetables from the plain edge of it. In doing so, these teeth hurt me sometimes scratching my fingers and hand. I wonder why they have put the teeth at the upper side of this cutter. Do any of you use this type of cutter?

cam8510 profile image97

Chris Mills (cam8510) says

• Venkatachari M profile image

Venkatachari M 2 years ago

I tried many things. But none of it solved my or suggested some answer.

Phyllis Doyle profile image98

Phyllis Doyle Burns (Phyllis Doyle) says

• Venkatachari M profile image

Venkatachari M 2 years ago

Your reply is somewhat reasonable. But, I didn't find any use trying that way also. Best way is to use only one side (the plain smooth side) of it and ignore the teeth side. That is what I am do. But cutting that way the teeth are top side n hurt you

Rochelle Frank profile image96

Rochelle Frank says

• Venkatachari M profile image

Venkatachari M 2 years ago

I never tried slicing of cheese or bread with it. I use a small knife for those items.

TheHoleStory profile image79

TheHoleStory says

• cam8510 profile image

Chris Mills (cam8510) 2 years ago

That was my first thought. You could jam a head of lettuce or a cabbage down on it, but I'm sure that's not right.

Venkatachari M profile image81

Venkatachari M says

• Rochelle Frank profile image

Rochelle Frank 2 years ago

OK-- Now I am getting the idea that the handle of the blade raises and lowers, like a paper cutter. I think the 'tooth side" might be for tenderising meat-- and you probably do not eat meat.