Jackie Lynnley profile image 76

Do you think ginger root would be good cooked in a vegetable root soup?

I came across some I keep in the freezer and since making soup today wondered if it might be good to just simmer it in the soup awhile and take out to add benefits but no idea what it may do to the flavor. Do you?

RoadMonkey profile image81

RoadMonkey says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 14 months ago

This sounds really delicious, I will try it, thank you!

Kailua-KonaGirl profile image88

June Parker (Kailua-KonaGirl) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 14 months ago

Yum thanks! I just had squash soup on my brain lately but never considered it with ginger; I will try it!

ShyeAnne profile image83

ShyeAnne says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 14 months ago

I did try it and it was good so I will be trying it in different ways suggested here.

Zubair Ahmed profile image76

Zubair Ahmed says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 14 months ago

Thank you Zubair. I didn't have an answer soon enough so I just let the root simmer maybe 20 minutes in the soup and took it out. It did add some heat which was not bad and I do know it is good for digestion. I will slice it up next time. Thanks!

Levi Legion profile image61

Levi Legion says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 14 months ago

Yes I use it in smoothies and have already found out how beneficial it can be for digestion.