Rota profile image 90

Why do most people eat more cooked food than raw food?

Most people gravitate to cooked food (over raw food) without thinking about it. What is the reason for this among people - both in a general sense and specific to you.

Express10 profile image90

H C Palting (Express10) says

• Rota profile image

Rota 21 months ago

You express much of my stance on the matter in your answer. I agree the initial factor is 'what people grow up with'. And later its an unwillingness to deviate much from that. I lament how much fat & salt people add to raw food. Thanks for ur ans

• Rota profile image

Rota 21 months ago

It is true that some foods are more likely to cause illness if left uncooked, and yes nutrition is a factor. Thanks for your comment Tamara.

Rido profile image59

Rido says

• Rota profile image

Rota 21 months ago

Thank you so much for your response. I think that your point probably represents the general concensus - cooked food does indeed tend to be tastier...

And yes, I do agree that it is easier to feel satisfied after eating cooked food.

freecampingaussie profile image57

freecampingaussie says

• Rota profile image

Rota 21 months ago

I think that your answer reflects how most people feel about it - it's a taste preference thing. Thanks for commenting!

WordCrafter09 profile image80

ME Whelan (WordCrafter09) says

• Rota profile image

Rota 21 months ago

Thank you for your detailed response. You have raised many interesting points. Of course people do eat a lot of raw food in addition to cooked food. But it so often seems to be mostly cooked food - and some raw...rarely the other way around.

Barbara Gabrielli profile image62

Barbara (Barbara Gabrielli) says

• Rota profile image

Rota 18 months ago

I totally agree that it is easier to eat. Until I got a dental bridge I never realised how much cooking food affected how easily i could eat it. Now I avoid some raw foods for this very reason. Thanks for your comment Barbara.

Leon Chase (Leon1345) says

• Rota profile image

Rota 21 months ago

Yes, most people don't eat raw meat - good point. It is true that when food is cooked it breaks down some, making it easy to chew - I should know, I have a dental bridge and I am definitely am careful with hard food. Thank you for your comment Leon!