* 1/4 cup water
* 2 tablespoons cocoa
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 1 1/2 cups milk (I like whole or 2%)
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* whipped cream
* chocolate shavings (optional)
1. Measure water, cocoa, and sugar in glass measuring cup or
large mug. Stir well.
2. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes to make chocolate syrup.
3. Stir in milk and vanilla and microwave until warm.
4. Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
5. Variation: Snickers hot chocolate - stir in 2 tsp caramel syrup and 2 tsp hazelnut syrup to the hot chocolate before topping with whipped cream. Caramel and Hazelnut syrups can usually be found in the coffee section of the grocery store.