Here is the recipe for a simply delightful casserole that is a huge hit every time I make it.
1. Two Pounds Lean Ground Hamburger.
2. One 16-18 Ounce Can Red Kidney Beans washed and drained.
3. One 303 Can Diced Tomatoes.
4. One Regular Size Can Ro-tel Tomatoes with Chilies.
5. One Teaspoon Ground Sea Salt.
6. One Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper.
7. One Half Cup Onion Very finely chopped.
8. One Half Cup Green Bell Pepper Very finely chopped.
9. Four Teaspoons Chili Powder.
10. One Teaspoon Dry Ground Cumin.
11. One Tablespoon Minced Fresh Garlic.
12. Two Boxes Jiffy Cornbread Mix Made Into Batter by box directions.
Brown your meat, onions, peppers, and garlic and drain well.
Now in a bowl mix together all your ingredients but the corn bread batter and then pour into a large casserole dish that you have sprayed with vegetable cooking spray. Shake to level the ingredients in the casserole dish. Then pour and spread the corn bread batter out on top.
Bake in a 350 degree oven until the cornbread is done and golden brown and remove from the oven. Let it set 15 minutes before you dish it up and serve. With a tossed salad this is a great meal that everyone loves.