• 600ml water
• 200g caster sugar
• 50g cocoa powder
• 50g good quality dark chocolate 70% cocoa solids ,
broken into small pieces.
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• Sift the cocoa powder into a bowl and add the caster
sugar and mix.
• Bring the water to the boil in a medium saucepan.
Whisk in the sugar and cocoa and return to a gentle
• Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, whisking
occasionally. Remove from the heat and add the
chocolate and vanilla stirring until the chocolate has
• Cool the mixture, then put in the fridge for several
or overnight until well chilled.
• Make the sorbet in an ice-cream machine or pour
into a rigid plastic container, preferably bowl shaped,
and freeze until frozen 3cm from the edges.
• Whisk to break down the ice crystals, freeze again for
• Whisk and freeze again one more time, then leave
until completely frozen.
• Before serving, transfer to the fridge for at least 20
minutes to make serving easier.