- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Appetizing Apple Pasta Salad
Our Family Favorite Salad Recipe
No-one wants to be slaving over a hot stove when the warm, summer weather is here and everyone is enjoying the sunshine outside- and you don't have to!
This cool salad recipe is creamy, refreshing, easy to make and to take with you on a picnic. Simply pile into a salad bowl and snap on a lid or divide into individual containers such as those below. Providing 8 generous portions, it makes a healthy addition to summer barbeques and parties too! The addition of pasta makes it more filling than your average salad, which the crunchy, juicy vegetables nicely compliment. You can use wholemeal pasta if you prefer.
It has been our family favorite for many years, Many times we have taken it with us on picnics and it has served well to fill our four hungry boys! I have made it for church barbeques when in Germany, where they all contributed different salads and this one stood out as being a bit different. I also made it for my 50th birthday party where it fed the many guests who came along and loved it!
So get your picnic basket out, enjoy the warm weather and see if this doesn't become your favorite pasta salad recipe too!
Transport and serve from this favorite salad bowl and it will keep cold and fresh .
Ingredients For 8 Servings
- 200 g seashell pasta
- 2 red and 2 green apples
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 bunch radishes
- 2 sticks celery
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- small grating of nutmeg
- pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook the pasta, drain and refresh in cold water, drain again.
- Wash, core and slice the apples, celery, cucumber and radishes.
- Mix all together in a salad bowl. Mix the juice, mayonnaise, yoghurt and seasoning and beat gently with a fork.
- Pour over ingredients in the bowl, stir and cool in fridge until ready to serve.
Apple Pasta Salad
Not the recipe you're looking for? Check out this book for more picnic recipes.