Homemade Apple Cider Pancakes
There is nothing more yummy for breakfast than pancakes especially around the holidays. Now I love pancakes and if I could... I would eat them everyday. Plain, blueberry, chocolate chip or coconut are all just fine with me, but when it comes around to the holidays I like to make something a bit different. My Apple Cider Pancakes are just that and they have the festive factor that makes them a special holiday treat. Enjoy them the traditional way with butter and syrup or top them with sauteed apples and powdered sugar. Either way they are delicious!
Serves: 4-6 large pancakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbls. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups apple cider
- 2 eggs, beaten
- butter for cooking
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Add apple cider and eggs.
- Mix until well combined but do not over mix.
- Heat 1 tbls. of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Using a 1/3 measuring cup, scoop batter into pan.
- Cook until bubbles form on top of pancake and bottom is browned.
- Flip and cook until browned on other side.
- Serve with your choice of toppings